Travelling Diesel Mechanic
Battle Creek, Michigan, US
$30 - $45/hr
We have an immediate opening available for an experienced Heavy-Duty Diesel Mechanic in the Battle Creek, MI area. This position is a travelling position and will require a mechanic who is comfortable being on the road for 4 days a week. Technicians with experience working on class 8 trucks, trailer and heavy equipment from John Deere, Caterpillar, Volvo, and Komatsu are considered an asset.
- Mechanics should have a minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Diesel Mechanic/Heavy Equipment Mechanic performing in-depth repairs.
- Strong engine diagnostics/troubleshooting and electrical and hydraulic skills.
- Perform all repairs including engine repairs and overhauls.
- Locate and diagnose failures, replaces defective components, and performs basic troubleshooting using standard electronic equipment, able to read and interpret schematics and blueprints.
- Strong troubleshooting.
- Proficient with OEM software programs such as CAT ET/SIS, Service Advisor and Cummins Insite.
- Strong Computer skills.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Must have your own set of tools.
- CDL-A is preferred but not required.
All successfully hired technicians must complete a pre-employment checks including physical, drug screen, criminal and MVR checks.
- $30.00 - $45.00/hour, wage range varies based on experience and qualifications.
- Health, Dental and Vision, Company matching 401k
- $1000 - Annual Safety Bonus
- 250 Boot allowance
- Paid personal/sick days per year.
- Paid Time Off
Days, flexible start time Monday – Friday, should be flexible to overtime.
CONTACT: If you have any questions about this position, call Dwight toll free at 1-833-632-4562 or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job id # 909. To see more great opportunities, visit www.rockstarmechanics.com/job.