Shop Foreman - Hands on
Birmingham, Alabama, US
$45k - $60k/yr
We are looking for an Experienced Hands-on Shop Foreman to oversee our facility in the Birmingham area. This Foreman will be responsible for a team of approximately 8-10 diesel technicians. The ideal candidate will have previous experience repairing commercial diesel trucks with previous supervisory/management experience within the Transportation industry. Supervisors with dealership or fleet experience will be considered.
- Perform diagnostic troubleshooting and repairs on truck and trailers.
- Liaison with other department managers to discuss operational needs.
- Train, mentor and supervise all new and existing Shop employees.
- Promote positive and professional relationships with all company personnel.
- Oversee repairs to ensure quality and accuracy and assist with vehicle repairs.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years diesel mechanic experience and 1 year Supervisor/Lead Mechanic experience working in the Transportation industry.
- Must have strong management/supervisory, organizational and computer skills.
- Must have own set of tools.
- Must hold a valid drivers’ license with a fairly clean driving record.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU!
- $45,000 - $60,000/Yr.
- $1,000 Sign On Bonus
- Competitive Benefits Package including:
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tool & Boot Allowance
- Uniform Provided