Lead Diesel Mechanic Technician
Lakewood, New Jersey, US
$30 - $40/hr
We have an IMMEDIATE opening for Lead Diesel Technician ( 2nd Shift) to perform routine preventative maintenance and general reconditioning of equipment on Class 1 through Class 8 vehicle buses in the Lakewood, NJ area.
If you have a valid CDL (Class A or B) or prior supervisory and/or leadership experience - this is a bonus.
Lead Diesel Technician Duties:
- This position performs major and technically difficult diagnostics, repairs, and overhauls/rebuilds in a timely manner; ensuring quality, time standards, customer expectations, cost guidelines and reliability goals are met
- Works on assignments requiring considerable judgement and will mentor other technicians on a regular basis.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance and general reconditioning of equipment on Class 1 through Class 8 vehicles
- Diagnose, document, and repair engine fault codes (Company supplied OEM software) following proper warranty procedures
- Repair / Replace brakes, steering components, suspension, and perform alignments
- Replace clutches & transmissions
- Completed technical school or equivalent experience as a fleet mechanic, diesel mechanic, or heavy equipment mechanic
- 5+ years as a diesel technician
- May specialize in areas such as: refrigeration, electronics, exhaust systems, etc., and should possess a combination of extensive transportation experience, ASE certifications, and/or multiple qualifications
- Experience or formal training diagnosing, repairing, and maintaining Class 1-7 diesel tractors
- The ability to acquire a Commercial Driver License with the assistance of our trainer
- Hand tools
- Ability to work 2nd Shift: Tuesday-Friday 12:00pm-8:30pm and Saturday 8:00am-4:30pm
- Competitive compensation
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental insurance with HRA, HSA, and FSA options
- 401(k) with a company provided match
- Company-paid life insurance
- Employee Discounts and an Employee Assistance Program
- Career Advancement Opportunities for Technicians at all levels
- Robust in-person and online training programs
All successful mechanics will subject to a pre-employment check which includes a MVR check, criminal record check and drug screening.
$30-$40 per hour
2nd Shift Tuesday - Saturday
Job Posting Date