Field Diesel Mechanic
Elgin, Illinois, US
$35 - $45/hr
Come work for the leading provider of diversified municipal and facility maintenance services. As the national leader in the snow and ice removal market, we own the largest fleet of proprietary snow melters in North America.
Essential Duties and responsibilities
- Service and maintain Case, Cat, Crane Carrier, Detroit Diesel, Ford, GMC, International, John Deere, Komatsu, Mack & Oshkosh.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair on all types of trucks & heavy equipment with limited supervision.
- Maintaining and manage the day-to-day operation of service trucks in the field and or shop environment.
- Repair brakes, hydraulic and computerized induction/ignition systems.
- Perform inspections and preventive maintenance of vehicles and equipment.
- Work on equipment at local airports during snow events.
- Test drive equipment as needed.
- Work on-call during long duration snow events.
- Travel overnight to other locations as needed.
Skill and Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years’ mechanic experience.
- Experienced using all tools of the trade (including welding equipment, diagnostic equipment, and hand and power tools)
- Diesel experience a must.
- Ability to obtain airport security clearance.
- Willing to work in non-climate-controlled conditions.
- Possess strong customer service and communication skills.
- Must have own tools.
- Must have a driver license.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Able to lift to 50 lbs.
- Excellent customer service skills and communication skills
- Required to walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, lift, grasp, carry, push and pull.
Dental, Vision, Medical
$25.00 - $40.00/ per hour