Entry Level Diesel Mechanic
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, US
$28 - $28/hr
We are looking for an Entry Level Diesel Mechanic in the Harrisburg, Pennsylvania area! The ideal Mechanic will have 1 year of experience as a Mechanic diagnosing malfunctions and repairing heavy duty vehicles. This position offers excellent benefits, a great pension plan, room for advancement / development, as well as full training provided. The role of the Mechanic is to be prepared for daily assignments, compliant with all safety policies and regulations, ensures all vehicles are safe and in compliance with state and federal regulation, conduct timely repairs and control the downtime of each vehicle.
Essential knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience:
· High School degree or equivalent required.
· Two years of full-time experience as a maintenance technician diagnosing malfunctions, and repairing heavy-duty vehicles. Up to one year of the required experience may be substituted by successful completion of vocational education. One year of maintenance experience on transit vehicles is preferred.
· Knowledge of vehicle maintenance and repair principles, procedures, methods and techniques.
· Knowledge of equipment and specialized tools.
· Knowledge of heavy-duty vehicle preventive maintenance
. · Knowledge of equipment repair cost estimation.
· Knowledge of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
· Ability to train others in maintenance technician job tasks.
· Ability to diagnose and repair heavy duty vehicles; demonstrated problem solving skills and complete assignments.
$28/ per hour
Four ten hour shifts weekly