Waterford, Michigan, US
$30 - $38/yr
Come work for the leading provider of diversified municipal and facility maintenance services.
Essential Duties and responsibilities
- Service and maintain Case, Cat, Crane Carrier, Detroit Diesel, Ford, GMC, International, John Deere, Komatsu, Mack & Oshkosh.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair on all types of trucks & heavy equipment with limited supervision.
- Maintaining and manage the day-to-day operation of service trucks in the field and or shop environment.
- Repair brakes, hydraulic and computerized induction/ignition systems.
- Perform inspections and preventive maintenance of vehicles and equipment.
- Work on equipment at local airports during snow events.
- Test drive equipment as needed.
- Work on-call during long duration snow events.
- Travel overnight to other locations as needed.
Skill and Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years’ mechanic experience.
- Experienced using all tools of the trade (including welding equipment, diagnostic equipment, and hand and power tools)
- Diesel experience a must.
- Ability to obtain airport security clearance.
- Willing to work in non-climate-controlled conditions.
- Possess strong customer service and communication skills.
- Must have own tools.
- Must have a driver license.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Able to lift to 50 lbs.
- Excellent customer service skills and communication skills
- Required to walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, lift, grasp, carry, push and pull.
Dental, Vision, Medical
$25.00 - $40.00/ per hour